The country estate which today is called Terre di Giumara (Land of Giumara) started at the end of the nineteenth century by the initiative of Antonino Caruso. These were years when the scourge of phylloxera had just been defeated and Marsala’s grape-growing activity was laboriously reviving. The land chosen by Antonino and his son Francesco turned out to be perfect for the production of high quality grapes particularly desirable to Marsala’s wine establishments. The contribution that the type of soil, altitude and distance from the sea could give to the quality of the grapes produced was discovered by the son of Francesco Nino, who in the middle of the 1900’s at a very young age, led the family company. Today, Terre di Giumara is led by Stefano Caruso along with his brothers Francesco and Roberto, who decided to use the name of the family estate for the line of the Caruso & Minini’s single variety of wine. This is a tribute to the work that four generations of vintners have done to improve the quality of the grapes produced.